The US Department of Energy is offering $70 million funding to improve the cybersecurity posture of electric cooperative, small investor-owned, and municipal utilities in order to enhance the resilience of the energy grid against cyber threats.
- The funding opportunity aims to improve the cybersecurity posture of electric cooperative, small investor-owned, and municipal utilities.
- The funding is part of President Biden's Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
- The program also aims to decrease energy burdens on utility members and customers.
- The funding will support investments in technologies, tools, training, and processes to enhance cybersecurity.
- The funding can increase access to technical assistance and training for organizations with limited resources.