The cybersecurity incident at Change Healthcare, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group, was likely caused by nation-state hackers, leading to widespread pharmacy outages in the U.S.
- Change Healthcare, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group, was compromised by suspected nation-state hackers, causing a cybersecurity incident.
- The cyberattack has resulted in ongoing outages at Change Healthcare, impacting pharmacies across the U.S. and preventing them from fulfilling prescriptions through patients' insurance.
- UnitedHealth Group has taken steps to address the cyberattack, including retaining security experts, collaborating with law enforcement, and notifying customers and government agencies.
- The specific nature of the cyberattack has not been disclosed by Change Healthcare.
- The incident highlights the vulnerability of critical infrastructure in the healthcare sector to cyber threats.