Yamaha Motor confirms data breach in a ransomware attack on its Philippines subsidiary, resulting in the theft of employees' personal information.
- The personal information of employees was stolen in a ransomware attack on Yamaha Motor Philippines.
- The attack occurred on October 25 and only impacted one server managed by the subsidiary.
- Yamaha Motor immediately set up a countermeasures team and launched an investigation.
- The INC Ransom gang has claimed responsibility for the attack.
- The ransomware group has been targeting organizations in various industries, exploiting vulnerable internet-facing assets.
- INC Ransom has been observed exploiting a critical-severity Citrix NetScaler ADC and Gateway vulnerability.
- Data stolen from Yamaha Motor Philippines was published on the ransomware group's leak site.
- The group has claimed hacking into the systems of multiple organizations in the past month.