The presentation discusses the importance of OWASP chapters in advancing tactical knowledge and understanding software security. It emphasizes the value of membership and consistent meetings in recruiting attendees and building a community.
- OWASP chapters are important in advancing tactical knowledge and understanding software security
- Multiple people in the chapter should share a common bond and understanding
- Understanding historical changes and policies can help utilize operational processes
- OWASP has around 300 projects on its list, constantly growing every day
- Existing projects can be used as content for meetings and collaboration
- Recruiting attendees is not difficult if the focus is on software security
- Membership is important in shaping the direction of the organization and building a global community
- Consistent meetings and virtual components are useful in building a community
The speaker suggests that attending an OWASP chapter meeting is a great experience, as it allows individuals to make valuable connections with like-minded people from around the world. The meetings provide opportunities for technical mentoring, job situations, and socializing. Consistent meetings and virtual components are useful in building a community, and existing OWASP projects can be used as content for meetings and collaboration.