The presentation discusses the topic of phreaking elevators, with a focus on elevator phones. The speaker covers the basics of elevator phones, including their history and how to use them. They also provide information on how to gather data on elevator phone systems, and how to control elevators using independent service mode. The speaker emphasizes the importance of not interfering with emergency communication systems and not hacking elevators in the wild.
- Elevator phones can be used to acquire other phone numbers and building information
- Phone number information is critical and can be found on the internet
- Social engineering is a valid attack method for acquiring elevator phone numbers
- Independent service mode can be used to control elevators
- The speaker emphasizes the importance of not interfering with emergency communication systems and not hacking elevators in the wild
The speaker shares a story about how to control an elevator using independent service mode. They explain that once the mode is engaged, the elevator can be driven up to the top floor, and the door can be kept closed to prevent anyone from seeing or hearing the person inside. The speaker also advises pressing the door open button to escape the elevator if necessary. However, they emphasize that this should not be attempted without proper training.