Deep learning is a powerful tool for hardware side-channel attacks and has the potential to revolutionize hardware cryptography.
- Deep learning eliminates the need for trace processing and human assumptions, making attacks more efficient and reusable.
- Deep learning's ability to output probability allows for efficient probabilistic attacks.
- Deep learning scales linearly with data and computing, making it a perfect fit for scaling attacks.
- The speaker provides an anecdote about successfully recovering 100 keys using deep learning.
- The speaker emphasizes the importance of automation and the potential for deep learning to improve hardware cryptography.
The speaker shares that they were able to recover 100% of the tiny AES key using the attack they showed, and were able to recover 81% of the key using a single trace. They emphasize that deep learning is more powerful than traditional techniques for side-channel attacks.