Updates on bringing Windows workloads to Kubernetes, including recent improvements, planned future improvements, and new development tooling.
- CSI plugin support for Windows is now generally available
- Host process containers (equivalent of privileged containers on Linux) hit alpha in 1.22
- Pursuing a way to identify Windows pods at API admission time
- Enhancement to view node logs with kubectl logs
- Windows Server 2022 offers enhanced container platform with faster download and startup times, improved app compatibility, and consistent network policy with Calico
- New Windows developer environment to make it easier to spin up Windows clusters
The introduction of host process containers in alpha is a huge milestone for Windows, enabling support for many other scenarios. This will allow for more flexibility and options for developers working with Windows workloads on Kubernetes.