The presentation discusses the company's journey towards cloud native mindset and open source strategy, and the success factors and benefits of using open source technology and community approach in their platform.
- The company started small and thought big, and went automation first even automation only.
- The cloud approach spread among the IT in the company, reducing lead times in deploying new applications from month to days or even minutes.
- The company constantly renews their setup and follows the newest upstream development by joining in community efforts like cluster API management or for Kubernetes fleets.
- The company supports their app teams all the way on backway to cloud native to keep up with the pace.
- The company's platform is mostly open source or inner source, and they support their platforms in a community approach.
- The company's success factors include starting small and thinking big, going automation first, reducing cognitive load of devops teams, and using open source technology and community approach.
The speaker replied to a customer who asked who will run their completed application by saying 'you build it, you run it'. This was uncommon in a world of ticket operations, but the company went automation first even automation only, reducing lead times in deploying new applications from month to days or even minutes.