The presentation discusses the benefits of using Kubernetes clusters for managing applications and services at scale, and enabling anyone within an organization to leverage the system without deep knowledge of Kubernetes or cloud infrastructure.
- Creating and managing Kubernetes clusters at scale
- Enabling anyone within an organization to use the system without deep knowledge of Kubernetes or cloud infrastructure
- Managing applications and services in different providers
- Using custom resource definitions and controllers to create and manage services
- Leveraging cloud-native deployment for game servers
- Using open source tools like OAM and Kubewell for efficient management
In the past, developers had to come up with the SRA team together and put many efforts into the deployment and daily operations. With Kubernetes, developers can focus on the template of the application and upload the image, and the system will automatically take over the other things such as service discovery and runtime management for the games in daily operation.