This tutorial offers an introduction to Kubernetes, GitOps, and Observability for newcomers. The session covers key concepts and practices, as well as offers attendees a way to experience the commands in real-time.
- Kubernetes is an open-source project for container orchestration that allows you to manage containerized workloads and services.
- Kubernetes is cloud-native, highly distributed, resilient to infrastructure failure and outages, and enables frequent releases.
- Kubernetes provides automation and observability, self-healing and horizontal scaling, service discovery and load balancing, and is scalable.
- The tutorial covers kubectl, K9s, Metrics (Prometheus), Dashboards (Grafana), Logging (Fluent Bit), and GitOps (FluxCD).
- Attendees will be able to walk through the steps via a browser-based platform.
- Instructors will lead the topics and help to troubleshoot.
The presenters invite attendees to register for the hands-on section of the session and provide a username and password to access the registration page. Once registered, attendees will receive an email invitation to the Kubernetes 101 GitHub org. The presenters emphasize the importance of GitOps in streamlining delivery and deployment to Kubernetes clusters both on-premise and in public cloud.