The speaker discusses the challenges of implementing and fixing Kubernetes code and provides advice for newcomers. He also talks about the limitations of the 'get events' command and introduces a new 'kubectl events' command.
- Newcomers should start with tests and expand coverage
- Challenges include digging through code and lack of tutorials
- The 'get events' command is limited in its functionality
- The new 'kubectl events' command is more flexible and powerful
- The speaker encourages filing issues and sending tweets for feedback
The speaker mentions a related objects feature that would make it easier to identify issues with related components of a deployment. He also discusses the technical limitations of the 'get events' command and why it cannot be improved.