The presentation discusses the challenges and solutions for implementing a multi-cloud strategy in organizations, with a focus on the use of Kubernetes Commander and Easter for inter-cloud communication.
- The need for companies to maintain strict compliance with data privacy regulations is increasing, making a multi-cloud strategy the most effective and efficient approach.
- Multi-cloud strategy offers improved security, better failover options, enhanced disaster recovery, and improved flexibility and scalability.
- The challenges of managing multi-container clusters include workload fragmentation, resource scheduling, and vendor locking.
- Kubernetes Commander is an open and cloud-native multi-cloud orchestration engine that provides a central control line for managing multi-cloud clusters.
- Easter is a service mesh project that facilitates inter-cloud communication by securely encrypting traffic and providing DNS resolution.
- Flat network and different network models have their own advantages and challenges for implementing a multi-cloud strategy.
The speaker shared a story about a company that relied on a single cloud vendor for their storage needs. When a major outage occurred, the company lost access to all their data and suffered significant financial losses. This illustrates the importance of implementing a multi-cloud strategy for improved resilience and disaster recovery.
Multi-Cloud is becoming a new trend in recent years. It is the superset of multiple public cloud, hybrid, on-premises, and edge. It not only provides higher availability and flexibility but also prevents vendor lock-in. Karmada is a kubernets management system, it is natively suitable for multi-cloud application management. In this topic, Zhonghu will show you what Karmada can do for Multi-Cloud applications communicating on flat network and different networks. There are already many solutions that can help acquire L3 network connectivity cross multi-cloud, like VPN peering, submariner, etc. So the biggest challenge is L7 traffic management, Zhonghu will elaborate on how Karmada perfectly integrates with Istio to provide flexible and rich L7 traffic management features: priority routing, failover to another cloud, and also brings natural security in east-west traffic.Click here to view captioning/translation in the MeetingPlay platform!