Harbor is a CNCF graduated project that helps enterprises distribute and manage cloud native artifacts. The presentation discusses the key features and use cases of Harbor, as well as updates introduced in the most recent release. The focus is on the 2.5 release, which includes improvements and new features such as Cosign integration, tag retention, and replication.
- Harbor is a CNCF graduated project for managing cloud native artifacts
- Key features include multi-tenancy, access control, policies, artifact distribution, security and compliance, and extensibility
- Improvements in the 2.5 release include Cosign integration, tag retention, and replication
- Cosign integration allows for artifact signing and verification
- Tag retention allows for automatic deletion of artifacts and associated Cosign signatures
- Replication policies allow for distribution of artifacts to other Harbor instances or third-party registries
The presentation includes a demonstration of Cosign integration, showing how it can be used to sign and verify artifacts in Harbor. It also shows how tag retention and replication policies work in practice.