Tremor is a program that helps manage unstructured data and provides cost savings and flexibility for enterprise companies.
- Tremor uses pictures and gifs to help manage unstructured data and provide observability for critical services
- Tremor allows for rate limiting of services and applications to manage flow of input
- Tremor provides significant cost savings compared to other log management systems
- Tremor can be used as an upstream piece of an open telemetry agent to manage unstructured data
- Tremor provides flexibility for enterprise companies to manage their data in a programmatic interface
Tremor was able to process 5 gigabytes per second during a peak event like Cyber Five, which resulted in significant cost savings for Wayfair. Before switching to Tremor, Wayfair used Logstash and had to keep about 100 nodes at a time to keep up with the pace of their infrastructure, resulting in a cost of $40,000 per month. After switching to Tremor, Wayfair was able to process similar loads with a significantly smaller footprint, resulting in a cost of less than $1,000 per month.