This presentation is about the speaker's personal journey through burnout and depression, and the importance of discussing mental health in the workplace.
- Burnout is a prolonged period of physical and emotional exhaustion caused by stressors that are not being dealt with or integrated.
- Mental health is often stigmatized and taboo, but it can affect anyone.
- Recognizing the symptoms of burnout and depression is important in order to seek help and support.
- The speaker's burnout led to a period of self-discovery and ultimately a shift in career paths.
- Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is crucial for preventing burnout and prioritizing mental health.
The speaker describes feeling disconnected from the world, cynical, and apathetic during her burnout, which led to a sense of personal and professional ineffectiveness. She recognized that something was off when she was no longer motivated to keep trying, and began to feel annoyed by requests at work that were not typical of her personality.